The National Steeplechase Association is seeking an Associate Racing Secretary to assist the Director of Racing in all aspects of the sport’s racing operations and in other endeavors.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A fundamental understanding of Thoroughbred racing. Experience in a racetrack racing office, in racing administration, or both is desirable.
- Educational attainment that would indicate an ability to grasp new concepts quickly and provide leadership within the organization. At least a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will permit the successful candidate to communicate meaningfully with all stakeholders in the steeplechase racing community, including horsemen, race-meet officials, and other members of the NSA administration.
- An innovative and open-minded approach to challenges within the jump-racing sport, including an ability to comprehend contrary points of view and react positively to them.
- Strong analytical skills that will allow the successful candidate to assess issues within the racing operation and react creatively to them.
- A problem-solving mentality and an ability to react quickly to unforeseen circumstances.
- Knowledge of computer technology. Proven skills with PC technology and the capability to learn new programs are required.
- A desire to develop new skills. The successful candidate will be expected to attend a steward-training program at company expense and obtain certification as a steward.
- Ability to travel. Weekly travel is required to race meets during the spring and fall seasons and to racetrack locations during the summer.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and company-paid benefits are provided. To apply for this position, please send a cover document and a detailed résumé to the National Steeplechase Association Executive Committee at email@example.com.